It’s Fashion Blogger Friday and Katy Rose asks,
Finding the balance – I think this is one of the hardest things for us as bloggers to deal with. How do you do it all and still live, work and play as you should?
1. When it comes to prioritizing your life, in what place does blogging fall?
Blogging has become more essential to my life as I see it as a way put myself and my budding business in the public eye. God, self, family, blogging and then working for the man. In that order.
2. We all wish we had more free time to dedicate to blogging and all it entails. What are your tricks for taking advantage of the time you do have to be as productive as possible?
I am getting into the habit of scheduling my writing sessions, and taking care of business related items. Lena West once told me that she did all her writing in one session, once a week. The creative side of me said “that’s crazy”. But it sounded crazy at the time because I thought I could just write whenever I felt like it, or had a chance. Eventually I realized, I’m not getting shit done. I’m not writing, I’m not planning, I’m not accomplishing anything. Procrastination was becoming my best freind.
I now recognize that Lena is a very smart, successful businessperson because scheduling your business time is one trick that helps you focus intently in one area at a time, and tackle that issue week in and week out.
Scheduling helps you focus. That’s my trick.
3. Have you discovered any short-cuts that makes blogging easier or more time efficient?
WordPress has the “press this” button. It’s great for grabbing a piece of information as a draft post. Zemanta is what I want to try next. I’m still getting the hang of this stuff…I don’t even twitter on a regular basis yet.
4. Do you have an editorial calendar or something similar that helps you plan ahead?
Just this past month I have started using two methods. Charley Gilkey gives away his Planners; you can donate if you like them or just buy the whole upgraded Planning System if you want to invest in yourself. I love his systems. I also use this Weekly Blog Planner, but I don’t remember which blogger I received it from (if you know who created this, please let me so I can kindly thank them).
5. If time wasn’t an issue what you would be doing on your blog/for your blog that you aren’t doing now?
I would be picking a theme, purchasing it, getting the webhost, and then customizing my dream blog and stores for styleosophy.
Friend Friday is an opportunity for fashion and beauty bloggers to share their thoughts on a specific topic and read what others have to say on that same topic. For more information, check out Modly Chic!